* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
* 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
* 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 2 bell peppers (red and green), seeded and cut in rings
* Vegetable oil
* 4 slices Cheddar, Monterey Jack or American cheese
* 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger rolls
Mix together ground beef, onion and seasonings. Shape mixture into burgers. Brush pepper rings with oil.
Grill burgers and peppers over medium heat 8-12 minutes or until burgers are well-done (160ºF internal temperature), turning once.
Add cheese to top of each burger for one minute before cooking is completed. Place on rolls. Top with pepper rings and lettuce.
This recipe for Firecracker Burgers serves/makes 4.